Jump to navigation Jump to search
SA:MP has certain limitations, below is a table of most limits that are in SA:MP.
|Global 3D Labels(4)||1024|
|Per-player 3D Text Labels(4)||1024|
|Chat Bubble String||144 characters|
|SetObjectMaterialText,SetPlayerObjectMaterialText Text length||2048 characters|
|Attached player objects||10|
|Actors (since 0.3.7)(4)(5)||1000|
|Text Input (Chat/Commands)||128 cells (512 bytes)|
|Text Output||144 cells (576 bytes)|
|Name Length (SetPlayerName)||24 characters|
|String Length||1024 characters(2)|
|Shown In A Single Client's Screen||2048 + 256(3)|
|Shown In A Single Client's Screen (sprites)||100|
|Created Serverwise ( Global)||2048|
|Created Serverwise ( Per-Player)||256|
|Info (Main text)||4096|
|Input Text Box (DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT/PASSWORD)||128|
|Tab List Columns (DIALOG_STYLE_TABLIST(_HEADERS))||4|
|Tab List Column Characters (DIALOG_STYLE_TABLIST(_HEADERS))||128|
|Tab List Row Characters (DIALOG_STYLE_TABLIST(_HEADERS))||256|
- (1) Although the vehicle model limit in 0.3 is unlimited, if you use a large amount of vehicle models, you may notice parts of your mode become framey as vehicle models are dynamically loaded/unloaded. Keeping the number of vehicle models below 150 is a good idea.
- (2) Although the textdraw string limit is 1024 characters, if colour codes (e.g. ~r~) are used beyond the 255th character it may crash the client.
- (3) It is possible to show all Textdraws at the same time for one player, however this is not recommended.
- (4) To circumvent these limits, it is possible to use a streamer. Streamers work by only creating the objects/vehicles etc. that are close to players. See here (vehicles not supported, but there are streamers out there for those).
- (5) Due to client limitations only up to 51 actors may actually be shown at a time.
- Vehicle ids go from 1 to 1999, even if MAX_VEHICLES is 2000.